How in the earth can I make a Italic font when the Italic is grey in the font Style tool?
*First you need the Silhouette Designer Edition*
- Type in the words that you would like to make Italic, from the Text tool Windows
- I chose the Bebas Neue font style
- And here you can see that this font is not possible to select Italic in the Font Style, and you can see that it is greyed out. (same with Bold)
- Mark the word that you would like to change
- Open up the Shear Window and on the words in the workspace you can now see small handles
- You can make the words lean to the right or left several ways, by selecting the Horizontal Shear 15º or,
- 30º and so on...
- You can also select the Custom Horizontal Shear by dragging the handle until you are satisfied.